Every Season Sweater
Thanks to everyone who purchased this pattern in March! A total of $79.75 has been donated to the Japan Red Cross.
About the Pattern: The Every Season Sweater can be knit in two different styles. One is a warm weather style great for spring days and summer nights that can get a little chilly. The second is perfect for winter – a nice little cardigan that has some style and goes with everything.
The warm weather design has an open front fastened by a single button at the top. The button loop is added after the sweater is complete. It has an option for short or ¾ sleeves.
The winter wear style has a full row of buttons up the front and long sleeves. The button row is worked as you go – no picking up stitches!
Skills Required: Casting on, Increasing (KFB), Decreasing (k2tog), picking up stitches, knitting in the round, binding off, and attaching buttons
• Size US7 or 8 Knitting needles, (or size you need to obtain gauge). For sizes 1-3 you will need a 24” cable needle or longer. For all other sizes you will need a 32” cable needle or longer.
• 4 Stitch markers
• Scrap yarn or stitch holders
• Tapestry needle
• 10-15 5/8 size buttons, or toggle buttons (for full button closure version only)
• 1 large button (for open front closure style)
• 250 (300, 350, 400, 475, 525, 600) yards of the suggested yarn for the short sleeved version. For long sleeves you will need approximately 25% more yards.
These yardage amounts are estimates. It’s always a good idea to buy more than you think you will need. When in doubt – buy the extra skein!
If you choose to use a coordinating color for the trim, you will use approximately 75 yards for size 1-3 and 115 yards for sizes 4-7. These amounts are calculated into the estimated yardage requirements given.
Have questions? Feel free to message me here or send an email to FamilyRootsFibers@gmail.com