Feather & Fan Shawl
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Measurements: 68” in diameter
Yarn: Jamieson & smith Laceweight Shetland (1oz/28g; 225yds/205m; wool) 10 skeins Oatmeal #L202 or Blue #L35
Needles: Size 5 (3.75mm) needles in double-pointed (dpn) and circular, 16”, 29”, and 60” (40, 72, and 150cm) long, or size to obtain gauge
- Size B/1 (2.5mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Rust-proof T-pins
Blocked Gauge: 19 sts and 30 rows to 4”/10cm in St st using size 5 (3.75mm) needles
- Shawl is worked from the center outward in eight equal segments. Change from dpn to increasingly longer circular needles as number of sts permits.
- Chart shows odd rnds only. Purl the purl sts and knit the knit sts on even rnds.
- It may be helpful to mark beginnings of sections.
- The blue and oatmeal shawls pictured are identical except that the oatmeal incorporates an eyelet cable detail every third scallop.
- See Techniques, p. 162, for circular beginnings, double yo, and chain st.