Frost Flowers & Leaves
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Measurements: 72” square
Yarn: Jamieson & Smith Laceweight Shetland (1oz/28g; 225m; wool) 16 skeins Pale Green #L151
Needles: Size 6 (4mm) needles in double-pointed (dpn) and circular, 24” and 42” (60 and 105cm) long, or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Waste yarn
- Point protector
- Rust-proof T-pins
Blocked Gauge: 25 sts and 28 rows to 4”/10cm in 34-st rep of Chart 2 using size 6 (4mm) needles.
There is a lot of errata check this corrections PDF before you start knitting! (only applying to the first edition of the book)
- Shawl is knit from center outward in four equal segments. Change from dpn to increasingly longer circular needles as number of sts permits. After shawl is made, the sideways edging is attached as it is worked.
- Before rnd 39, chart indicates odd rnds only. Knit all sts on even rnds 2-38. After rnd 39, work chart for all rnds.
- It may be helpful to mark beginnings of sections.
- Shift the beginning of rnd as indicated on chart.
- See Techniques, p. 162, for circular beginnings, invisible cast-on, and grafting.