Pattern description from One Skein: “I like colorful containers of every sort. Recently, I began making sturdy felted bowls and now have an assortment throughout my house. The bowls make colorful decorator accents and are ideal for organizing buttons, beads, yarn, keys, or other small objects that need a special place. I used a single color of yarn for each of the bowls shown here, but imagine the fun you can have with stripes!”
- 18 (22)” (45.5 56 cm) circumference and 5.5 (9.25)” (14 25 cm) tall before felting
- 17 (20.5)” (43 52 cm) circumference and 2.5 (4.5)” (6.5 11.5 cm) tall after felting.
- Measurements are approximate, with bowl sitting flat on its base, and may vary slightly depending on how the bowl is shaped during the felting process.
- Chuky-weight (CYCA Bulky #5) yarn.
- Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky (85% wool. 15% mohair; 125 yd 114 m/4 oz 114 g): #113 oregano and #185 aubergine for small bowls; #102 orchid twist, #113 oregano, and #185 aubergine for large bowls.
- Size 15 (10 mm): 24” (60-cm) circular (cir) and set of 4 or 5 double-pointed (dpn).
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Stitch markers (m); tapestry needle.
Exact gauge is not critical for this project