fia (tip-to-cuff mitt)
5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free.
A use-up-the-entire-skein(-if-you-like) pattern.
- These quick mitts are knitted from the knuckles up to the wrist -- when you have used half of your yarn, stop and start the second mitt.
- A simple cable pattern runs down the mitt on both sides of the hand
- the top edge is i-cord or a simple knitted rolled edge (the i-cord is an unorthodox version involving the easiest Provisional Cast-On in the world and i-cord BO -- photos)
- Chart for the cables and thumb
- The sample is knitted on 2 circulars -- dpns or magic loop works fine, too
- Cabling can be done without a cable needle -- I’m a scaredy cat and cannot let my stitches go completley so I use the spare ends from the second circular needle to hold the cable sts
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.