Pattern is worked completely in the round. All the pieces are attached as you go so there is NO seaming.
Figaro is a fun project for knitters of any skill level. All the shaping is made with increase and/or decrease stitches.
To knit Figaro, you will need to:
-Knit in the round
-Increase and decrease stitches
-Follow instructions for a three-needle decrease (provided in pattern)
Size: The toy stands approximately 11.5” tall, from top of head to bottom of feet, when knit in DK weight yarn
Materials & Tools
• Yarn in the weight and color of your choice. For the DK sample, I used approximately 80 grams of Unwind Yarn Company Touring DK in the colorway ‘Hop Skip and A Jump’. Your yardage will vary based on yarn weight and needle size.
• Needles for working in the round (DPNs, 2 circulars, or 1 long circular for Magic Loop). Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use (see Gauge).
• An additional needle, same size as above, to use when working a three-needle decrease
• Tapestry needle
• Two safety eyes (18mm used on my DK sample pictured)
• Scrap yarn or spare needles for holding live stitches
• Black embroidery floss for mouth
• Felt for eyes
You want to produce a dense fabric so the polyfil does not poke through. Use a needle that is at least 1 or 2 sizes smaller than the smallest needle size recommended on the yarn label.