Flowers for Mothers Lace Shawl
March 8 is International Women’s Day. A day for men to express their love for women in a way somewhat similar to a mixture of Mother’s Day and St Valentine’s Day. On this day it is customary for men to give the women in their lives – mothers, sisters, wives, girlfriends, daughters, colleagues, etc. – flowers, chocolates and small gifts. Children also give small presents to their mothers and grandmothers.
Flowers for Mothers is crescent shape shawl. Knitted in lace weight yarn from the bottom up. Lace first, short rows second. And finished with I-cord bind off, to control curling.
Shawl can be worked from written instructions or charts. Beads can be added. Lace strip can be made wider.
- Baby Alpaca Lace by Plymouth Yarn - colorway 2055
- US 3 (US 8 for cast on and bind off)
- Classic Elite Yarns Silky Alpaca Lace - colorway 2471
- approx. 51g/465yds - more than one skein
- US 3(US 8 for cast on)
- beads: purple with silver lining
- 22 repeats, mods in short rows.