Save 25% on this pattern during the Indie Holiday Gift-A-Long Sale, starting at 8 pm EST 11/19 through midnight EST 11/27. Use the coupon code giftalong2015.
Join the Ravelry group here to share your yarn choices, knitting progress and show off your finished projects
Wrap your neck is cushiony warmth! The dimpled fabric of the cowl, combined with the insulating properties of the camel and yak fibers used in the samples, ensure you will stay toasty warm during even the coldest of days.
Although the look of this stitch pattern is quite different on each side, both the “right side” and the “wrong side” are very attractive. In the photo of the blue cowl worn with the matching hat, the reverse side of the fabric is shown.
P.S. Fossetta means “dimple” in Italian.
Pattern is 5 pages.
- Working in the round
- Basic 1/1 cables worked without cable needle
- Following charts
Finished Size (blocked): 54”/137.16 cm circumference by 8”/20.32 cm wide
- Stitch marker (1 to mark the beginning of round)
- Tapestry needle
- Glow line tape (to mark current row on chart/instructions - optional)
- Blocking wires and Tpins
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
400 yards/366 meters of a wool and silk blend worsted weight yarn that knits up to 4 to 5 sts/inch.
The Verdant Gryphon ‘Mondegreen’, (200 yards/183 meters; 60% Blue-Faced Leicester, 20% silk, 20% baby camel; 4 oz/113 grams per skein), 2 skeins in I Like Smoking Ice Cream.
Lang Yarns ‘Yak’, (142 yards/130 meters; 50% yak, 50% merino; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein), 3 skeins in 772.0072.
Other Possible Yarns:
- Cascade Yarns ‘Venezia Worsted’, (218 yards/199 meters; 70% merino, 30% silk; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Schoppel-Wolle ‘Cashmere Queen’, (153 yards/140 meters; 45% merino, 35% cashmere, 20% silk; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- madelinetosh ‘pashmina worsted’, (210 yards/192 meters; 75% merino, 15% silk, 10% cashmere; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Tanis Fiber Arts ‘Orange Label’, (205 yards/187 meters; 75% merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk; 4.06 oz/115 grams per skein).
- Indigodragonfly ‘MCN Worsted’, (180 yards/165 meters; 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 4.06 oz/115 grams per skein).
- The Plucky Knitter ‘Traveler Aran’, (220 yards/201 meters; 65% wool, 20% silk, 15% yak; 4.06 oz/115 grams per skein).
- The Rocking Yak ‘Hand-Spun Light’, (230 yards/210 meters; 100% yak; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein.
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern may be available from your local yarn shop. Please contact them for more details.