Fruit & Vegetables
FRUIT AND VEGETABLES TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Knit some healthy veggies! This knitting pattern includes the tomato, carrot, apple, pear, orange, peas in a peapod, and a basket to carry them in.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the fruit, vegetables and basket, photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the stalks and basket handles which are i-cord tubes knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases decreases, and sew seams.
YARN, NEEDLES AND NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4) to knit the fruit and vegetables
- Two 3.5mm DPNs to knit i-cord stalks for the fruit and vegetables
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6) to knit the basket
- Two 4mm DPNs to knit the i-cord basket handles
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
Copyright © 2010 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved