You can win the gorgeous PINK Galathea in the top photo by posting a comment on Diana’s/tigger66’s project page (here) Yes, it’s that easy. Yes. she’s that generous. Diana will draw a winner on Sunday 1 December.
Simple Sideways Elegance
a sister to Poppea and Agrippina
written instructions for the chart are now included
- simple side-to-side shawlette
- any weight yarn can be used -- I finally found my perfect cobweb project with this pattern
- begin decreases when half-way through your skein/yarn (or before if it’s long enough for you)
- easily (for some more easily than others!) memorised lacy border (knit along as you go)
- stockinette centre -- could be knit in garter stitch for complete reversibility
- perfect travel knitting -- takes no space, weighs nothing, no charts to keep track of (well, if you memorise the border, that is…)
- provisional Winding CO
- magic loop (or dpns) for the initial few rows -- it’s an unusual beginning (illustrated and charted)
- a few kitchener stitches at the end
The fantastic screaming green silk-cashmere blend used in the sample seems to have the magic characteristic of not wrinkling no matter how scrunched up in a bag or purse. Magic.