GLORIA HEDGEHOG TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Gloria Hedgehog is a cuddly little friend, with a little pink apron. You can make your own hedgehog with this knitting pattern.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the hedgehog and apron, 10 photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. The hedgehog legs knitting pattern incorporates a three needle bind-off (instructions are give to make the legs with a regular cast off if you prefer). The body incorporates intarsia colour-work. The apron strings are a single crochet chain, if you don’t know how to crochet you could use a length of yarn for the apron strings instead.
YARN, NEEDLES AND NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4)
- A pair of 3mm straight knitting needles (US 3) to knit the apron
- A 3mm crochet hook (US 3) to make the apron straps
- 2 x 6mm toy safety eyes
- Toy filling (less than 150g)
- Brown DK boucle yarn for the hedgehog
- Beige and black DK yarns for the hedgehog
- Pink and Cream 4 ply yarn for the apron
Copyright © 2014 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved