Grandifolia Lite by Vickie Hartog

Grandifolia Lite

August 2016
Fingering (14 wpi) ?
18 stitches = 4 inches
in stockinette stitch
US 6 - 4.0 mm
575 - 985 yards (526 - 901 m)
Flag of English English
This pattern is available for C$5.00 CAD buy it now

This shawl is a little less daunting than Grandifolia. It starts with a Crescent with Leaf accents. The border is worked in the Grandifolio leaves pattern, but with just three leaves per branch.

It isn’t quite a simple as I had originally intended, as I embellished the edge with leaves. If you find this daunting you could make a simple crescent until the desired stitches are reached and instead of using a leaf as the start of the border, simply knit 24 rows of garter stitch on the first 5 stitches and pick those stitches up to start the border instead of working the first border leaf .

Sept 1: Update 8: Minor correction: Chart E SSK was missing on line 43 column 73.

Aug 24: Update 7: Stitch corrections as stitches with pink background (mostly corrections to Knit or Purl stitches) I can’t thank deliarp, brewstersmom and earthmom23 enough for their meticulous review of the stitches and identification of rogue stitches. You have all helped to make this so much better.

Aug 23: Update 6: Accidentally had two D2’s Removed the second

Aug 22: Update 5: Mayday Mayday. I think some of you have been trying to tell me this but I didn’t clue in. I wiped out the tip of the leaves in Graph D when I compressed the design just before publishing it. You know how they say “Leave well enough alone”. Well, I thought I could compress the pattern down to fewer graphs and in doing so I inadvertently wiped out a leaf tip. Some of you wonderful Ravelers tried to tell me something was up with Graph D, but it wasn’t until a fellow Raveler said “A leaf tip is missing” did I lift my head from little things and really understand what you have been trying to say. So sorry.
You work Graph D1 (that is the old Graph D once)
and then you work Graph D2 (the graph with the tip that I have put back in where it belongs) 7/9/13 times
And, to help you (and me) I have added a final page that lays out the “big picture”.
Thanks for your patience. The PDF will be uploaded shortly.

Aug 21: Update 4:
Chart D: Row 15 1st stitch and Row 17 2nd stitch shoudl be Purl (not P2tog)
Chart E: Corrected to include the increases Row 7: MR and Row 9: Make 1 Purl for the branch

Aug 17: Update 3. Chart C The first stitch of row 27 and the second stitch of row 29 should be purl not p2tog. Pattern updated.

Aug 13: Update 2 Corrections:
1) Stitch Detail should have been SK2P (instead of SK2T)
2) Row 32 should have been GtoM (instead of StoM)
Apologies for this error. There are three rows of garter ridges (28, 30 and 32)

Aug 10: Update 1 Explain StoM and GtoM (“Stocking to Marker” and “Garter to Marker”)

Aug 8: note that the small and medium sizes are based on calculations. You may want to allow for a 10% margin of error when calculating your yarn
Also I knit tightly so gauge a 4mm needle for me may need a 3.5 mm for you if you knit loosely.
Finally when you have made the crescent you have committed to the border which will take about 20%-25% more yarn than the crescent required. I would hate for you to run of of yarn before completing the border.