GRANNY DOLL KNITTING PATTERNS
Granny is knitting a tiny scarf. She would make a lovely gift for Mother’s Day or Grandmother’s Day. Her glasses are made from jewellery wire, and her knitting needles are cocktail sticks. As these pieces can be sharp, Granny is not a toy suitable for young children, but she would be a sweet decorative piece.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making Granny, her spectacles and her little piece of knitting, 9 photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
YARN, NEEDLES AND NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight) to knit Granny; less than 30g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Granny’s knitting is worked in 2-ply yarn on a pair of straight 2mm (US 0) needles
- Two cocktail sticks for Granny’s knitting needles
- A 35cm length of 24 gauge beading wire to make the spectacles
Copyright © 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved