- soft hail or snow pellets
These socks start out with a lovely crisp ribbing. It’s a ridiculously simple 4 row repeat that you’ll have memorized in no time at all. Once you’re done with the leg, you make a nice neat heel flap with a tiny little decoration down each side to keep things interesting. A basic gusset is next. Then comes my favorite part - the nifty arch shaping. I promise it’s easier than it looks, and it produces a really marvelous effect. After all that excitement you’re due for a quiet spell, so after the shaping you just knit straight until you’re ready for the toes.
Of course there are also instructions for continuing the ribbing plain and skipping the arch shaping, but I think you’ll have more fun if you include it!
These are perfect for you if:
- You want something both impressive looking and easy
- You love how arch shaping makes your feet look
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)