Hat season is a simple worsted-weight hat pattern for the whole family, sized from baby all the way up to large adult. Pattern instructions also include options for regular or slouchy lengths as well as options for skinny stripes (as shown in the photograph).
This pattern can be your go-to basic hat pattern for everyone in your family.
- Gauge: 4.5 sts & 6.5 rws = 1” / 2.5 cm in St st
- Yarn: Approx. 104 (122, 140, 156, 174) yds worsted-weight yarn, shown in: Solid Version: Erin by Imperial Yarn (100% Wool; 133g = 245 yds, color = orange), 1 skein Skinny Stripes Version: Wooly Worsted by Ewe Ewe (100% Superwash Merion; 50g = 98 yds, colors = chocolate & saffron), 1 (1, 1, 2, 2) skeins of main color, 1 skein of contrasting color
Note: if you want to do a slouchy-version, add an additional 50-60 yds to the above yardage guidelines.
Needles and other supplies:
- US 8 / 5 mm 16” / 41 cm circular needle & DPNs, or size needed to obtain gauge
- US 7 / 4.5 mm 16” / 41 cm circular needle, or 1 needle size smaller than size used to obtain gauge
- 1 stitch marker
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends