- breaks or gaps in something generally continuous
I’m ready for spring. Alas, spring is not quite ready for me. It’s not actually warm enough to go outside without a little something extra just yet. But if I have to put on thick, heavy layers even one more time, I may weep.
These mitts are keeping me warm (and sane) until spring properly arrives. The lovely, delicate lace is is just the right thing to remind me that spring is coming, while still keeping me cozy until it gets here!
The mitts are easy to make (the stitch pattern repeats every four rows, you’ll have it memorized in no time), and are the perfect way to use up bits of leftover sock yarn. They’re a quick knit are delightfully stretchy (so they’ll fit most anyone), making them perfect gift knitting. But I think you probably deserve a pair for yourself, don’t you?
These are perfect for you if:
- You have a bit of special sock yarn you want to show off
- You want to knit someone mitts but don’t know their size
- You want to play with lace, but not take on a giant project
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)