This amigurumi pattern was made up so I could make some mini cupcakes for the wedding of Carin of the Round the Twist video podcast. It’s a delicious combination of knitting and Firefly geekery. (Of course, if you want to just have a regular-looking cupcake, you can eliminate the striping and just go with a single colour for the whole icing. Any sock yarn will do.)
Note: It turned out a little taller than Carin wants for her wedding cupcakes (1 5/8” high vs. the desired 1” high), so if you’re making this pattern for Carin, you may want to go down to 2.25mm needles instead of 2.75mms.
- colour A (wrapper): a little more than 3 yards
- colour B (icing bulge): about 3.5 yards
- colour C (first icing stripe): almost 3 yards
- colour D (second icing stripe): about 1.5 yards
Other Materials Needed
- stitch marker, or whatever you use to mark the beginning of rounds