5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free
- Kaul is a generous, textured top down cowl that flares slightly toward the bottom
- A smattering of slipped stitches appear regularly across some of the rounds but only one colour is knitted at a time
- The cowl can be knitted with 1.5 skeins of DK or Worsted yarn
- If you want a larger cowl or wish to knit with sock yarn, simply add more repeats (cast on additional multiples of 10 stitches)
- For a 1-skein cowl, just make it shorter – cast off sooner
- Feel free to play with more than two colours!
Approx yarn requirements:
MC 220 m / 240 yds
CC 100 m / 110 yds
Note: Knitters who have knitted Mysteriosa Shawl and/or Mysteriosa Cowl will recognise the motif – and nifty knitters will be able to work out their own version of Kaul from either of those patterns, of course. This pattern is for those knitters who either can’t or just don’t want to.
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.