Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “I have based the shape of this sweater on traditional Scottish costumes, with a ribbed waist that can be work belted and set-in sleeves for a slightly more squared shoulder line. The centre panel, composed of interlaced knotwork with ring knots, is a knitted version of an illustration from the book Celtic Knotwork by Iain Bain. I have used a narrower panel for the sleeves, and bordered all the panels with a plaited cable. It is important in this type of traditional knotwork that all the ringwork panels are closed so that there are no broken lines.”
- To fit bust 86-91 (97-102) cm/34-36 (38-40)”
- Underarm 104 (110) cm/41 (43.5)”
- Length from top of shoulder 65 (68) cm/25.5 (26.5)”
- Sleeve length 42 cm/16.5”
Note on Needles: The pattern specifies one pair of needles in each of the sizes listed above. In addition, one set of double pointed needles or a 16-inch circular needle is needed for the collar, size US 5.
- Yarn: 14 (15) 50g balls of Rowan Lambswool Tweed (184 - Bluster).
- 1 Pair each 3¾mm (US5) and 4, (US6) needles.
- 1 Set of double-pointed or 40cm (16in) circular needles for collar.
- 1 Cable needle
- 2 Stitch holders
- 1 Darning needle