Leave these to Me
These elegant mitts are embossed with little leaves and embellished with beads. Special details include pretty transitions from the rib borders to the mitt itself…and don’t miss the little leaf “growing” up the thumb.
Worked seamlessly in the round, this is a beautiful project for an intermediate knitter. It’s a great project to try beads for the first time since there aren’t many. Make these to wear for special occasions, or omit the beads for an easier knit and enjoy showing them off every day.
The beautiful semi-solid yarn is shown off to great effect by details worked through the back loop. The high twist in the yarn is just perfect for mitts.
Written instructions AND charts are given for the patterned sections, so you can choose to work from either. The optional bead placement is fully described in both instructions.
Special offer for vacation knitting: money saving & space saving. You can make these mitts and Raymi mitts with just one skein of yarn, and with the same needle sizes. Get Raymi free with offer code holidaymitts when you buy Leave these to Me (singly or ebook). This means you can make (and pack) two great little projects for the price of one - yarn, needles and patterns! Economical in every way. Offer valid for previous purchases too.
One size to fit 18-21cm/7-8” hand.
22cm/8 1/2” long
Stretches to fit, easily adjustable for petite/XL.
- Fyberspates Vivacious (100% superwash merino; 365m/399yds per 100g skein) Deep Forest (605) 1 x 100g skein. If you are careful, you can get 2 pairs from one skein - a pair for you and a pair for a gift.
- 2.75mm/US 2 and 3mm/US 2 1/2 needles for working in the round using your preferred method - either sets dpns, magic loop circulars with minimum 80cm/32” cable, or two sets each circulars with 60cm/24” cables.
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Small amount of waste yarn for thumb stitches
For optional beads:
- Approx 100 beads is ample, size 6. Sample uses Debbie Abrahams, size 6, Slick (605).
- Crochet hook 1mm/US 12 or slightly smaller
28 sts to 10cm/4” over stocking stitch (stockinette) using 3mm/US 2 1/2 needles or size required to achieve tension.