- pertaining to or consisting of stone
Loops and swoops and cables, oh my! These are an awful lot of fun (and maybe just a bit of a challenge). Cables and double wrapped stitches combine to play some fancy tricks on the cuff and foot. The result is a lovely, textured fabric that does all sorts of fun things with variegated yarns.
This sock works at a range of gauges. It is shown in a thinner yarn at a gauge of 8.25 stitches per inch in stockinette, but if you prefer to work with a thicker yarn at a gauge of 7.25 stitches per inch, you can. In the thinner gauge, it fits a foot of 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, or 10.75 inches. At the thicker gauge, it fits a foot or leg of 8.5, 9.75, 11, or 12.25 inches.
These are perfect for you if:
- You love cables and interesting textures
- You have a multi-colored skein you need to tame
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)
A version of this pattern was initially released as the July 2013 installment of the Rockin’ Sock Club under the name Arkadiko.