Little (Splash of) Petrichor
If you purchase 5 patterns from my Ravelry Store at the same time (place them all in your cart before checking out), you will automatically receive the least expensive for free!
This cardigan evolved from the adult sized “Petrichor” cardigan, which in turn resulted from inquiries for sweaters by people who were fond of the stitch pattern in my “Get the Picture” hat. After I had made a cardigan with this stitch pattern for myself to see how the pattern would work out in a sweater, I thought it would be great to knit one for my daughter, too. When asked by Tangled Yarn to design a sweater with Libby Summers Fine Aran, I thought it would be the perfect match for this type of cardigan.
“Little (Splash of ) Petrichor” is knit using the same stitch pattern as the adult sized version, but with adjusted shaping is to suit little girls’ figures: No waist shaping at all, but additional front neckline shaping to allow the fronts to overlap more, plus extra back shaping for a slight A-line shape.
Just like the adult version, this cardigan is knit top down, absolutely seamlessly (with pockets joined to the hem as you go). All raglan increases are charted, too.
Adult version see: Petrichor.
Little (Splash of) Petrichor was designed in collaboration with Tangled Yarn.
- Libby Summers Fine Aran (50% Alpaca / 50% Peruvian Highland Wool) 50g/ 115 yards (105 meters) 6 (6, 7, 7, 8, 8) skeins or approx. 600 (650, 700, , 820, 890) yards 549 (595, 640, , 750, 814) meters of Aran weight yarn that knits up to gauge. The sample is knit with colorway “Sunset Sky”.
- US 4 – 3.5 mm 24” (60 cm) & 40” (100 cm) circular needles or DPNs
- US 6 – 4 mm 24” (60 cm) & 40” (100 cm) circular needles or DPNs
- 2 stitch markers in one color (A)
- 4 stitch markers in a second color (B)
- Two US 6 – 4 mm DPNs
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn
2 (4, 6, , 10, 12) years
To fit: 21.25 (22.75, 25.25, [26.75], 28.25, 30)”
[54 (58, 64, , 72, 76) cm] chest circumference.
Check the final measurements on page 6.
The cardigan is meant to be worn with a small amount of positive ease.
21 sts and 25 rows per 4” [10 cm] in Stockinette stitch with larger needles after blocking.
Questions? Join Hanna’s group -- Hada’s Little Corner.
Deutsch in Vorbereitung.