ma non troppo
5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free
ma non troppo is an elegant tailored pullover that plays with textures and airy lightness.
Stripes of 1ply merino-silk alternate with whispy mohair lace that also fashions the billowing collar.
Yarn sets Dyed to Order
Cathrin is dyeing a selection of colour combinations for ma non troppo. They will be in the shop update on Sunday 22 February, 9 pm CET (WalkCollection).
- The dramatic collar is optional (given yardages include the collar)
- The collar is really a hood for the sake of a billowing drape – it’s not intended to be worn as a hood (but could be)
- As usual, everything is knitted in one go – no seaming, and only a few ends to weave in
- Waist shaping
- An optional bust dart is worked in cleverly (yes) with the stripes
- The set in sleeves are knitted in the round from cap to cuff
- Step by step instructions and photos take you through the unusual beginning and show how to pick up stitches for a neat and tailored sleeve cap
- The pattern is written and also has a helpful chart to keep track of rows and shaping (chart is not required reading)
Note: The collar in the photos was knitted with a second CC (that matched the lighter MC colour).
Another Note: The pullover in the photos is a little longer in the back – a modification of the pattern (it’s just a double bust dart, and the bust darts are in the pattern).
The name? It should really include a comma, as in ma, non troppo!
Ma non troppo was designed and knitted for a mother, and mothers sometimes have to be told (in the kindest possible way): ma’, not too much!
MC 720 (760, 810, 870, 910) 960, 1010, 1050, 1100, 1140 m
790 (830, 900, 950, 1010) 1060, 1110, 1160, 1210, 1250 yds
CC (including collar)
1060 (1090, 1150, 1200, 1240) 1290, 1330, 1370, 1445, 1485 m
1160 (1200, 1260, 1320, 1360) 1420, 1460, 1500, 1580, 1625 yds
(collar only): 350 (350, 350, 350, 350) 350, 350, 350, 375, 375 m
385 (385, 385, 385, 385) 383, 383, 383, 410, 410 yds
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.