Margo Poncho uses aran/bulky-weight yarn and is worked flat, in two pieces (front and back), and attached at the shoulders using the three needle bind-off technique (so it’s completely seamless!). Front and back sides are buttoned together. Both the front and back feature an easy faux cable stitch pattern that is fun and interesting to knit (they look similar to cables but are actually created with just slipped stitches and yarn overs). The back piece is longer than the front, creating a more modern silhouette.
Only 2 sizes are given as each size will fit many bust measurements due to the oversized fit. The S/M size will typically fit a bust range of 32-42” and the L/XL size will fit a bust range of 43-52”. However, if you are in the L/XL range but prefer a less oversized fit, then knit the S/M size.
Gauge: 14 sts & 22 rws = 4”/10 cm in St st
Yarn: Approx. 975 (1214) yds of bulky-weight yarn, shown in Osprey by Quince & Co (100% American Wool; 100g = 170 yds), 6 (8) skeins. Shown in color Kittywake.
Needles and other supplies:
• 32”/81 cm circular knitting needle in size US 10.5/6.5 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
• 16”/41 cm circular knitting needle in size US 10/6 mm or 1 size smaller than needle used to obtain gauge
• Extra 24”/64 cm or 32”/81 cm circular knitting needle in size US 10.5/6.5 mm (or size needed to obtain gauge), used in Finishing section
• Stitch markers
• 2 removable stitch markers
• 4 stitch holders or 4 pieces of scrap yarn approx.
15”/38 cm in length
• Tapestry needle to weave in ends
• 4 buttons, approx. 1”/2.5 cm in diameter