- put ashore on a deserted island or coast
This is a hugely flexible sock. It will work with just about any yarn in your stash. It looks beautiful in solids, semi solids, and especially in variegated yarns!
But the flexibility doesn’t stop there. In addition to using just about any colorway you can imagine, it also works with a wide variety of yarn weights. You can easily use fingering, dk, or sport weight yarns. Instructions are given for working at three different gauges (7, 8, and 9 stitches per inch in stockinette) and for six different sizes. The combination means you are almost certain to find a size that will work for you (size options range from under seven inches to more than twelve inches).
And of course the stitch pattern is addictive (and fast) and the resulting sock is beautiful. You really can’t go wrong!
These are perfect for you if:
- You are looking socks you can work in a variety of gauges
- You have some multi-colored yarn you need to tame
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)