My Slice of Summer
Written Row by Row Instructions are now included along with Charts.
A cheerful summer shawl for bright summer days!
Keep it simple was my theme. Design features:
- a simple gentle flowing stitch pattern in the body of the shawl for multi color yarns with a contrasting knit-on edging of semi-solid yarns OR use a single color for the entire shawl
- Very simple patterning on the WS of the shawl (knit/purl sts only)
- optional beads (of course!) throughout body and/or only on the bottom edge for definition
- the flowing stitch pattern continues through the knit on edging with options for small or large edging
- detailed instructions for knit-on edging
- the fabulous crescent shape with your choice of a unique 2 stitch cabled top edge or traditional yo top edge
Thanks to my many MANY volunteer test knitters, this shawl has LOTS of personality. Use your imagination and throw caution to the wind. Where’s that lovely multi color skein of lace or fingering weight yarn you’ve been hoarding on the shelf?
Have fun and Have a Fabulous Summer of 2013 with your very own Slice of Summer!!