These socks are inspired by the title character’s high school stomping grounds in the television series ‘Veronica Mars.’ She had top-notch private-eye skills to compete with the best, and a style that was preppy but hip at the same time. In her wardrobe for her Neptune High days, bright shades of pink and green always appeared alongside neutral greys and browns.
This pattern brings that same colour combo to the classic argyle sock, in a 2-colour ‘mini’ argyle stitch pattern that is easy to memorize and customize to whatever colour combination suits you best – whether you’re spying around town or knitting up a storm, these socks are bound to get you noticed. This cuff-down sock pattern will challenge you with colour-work and shaping.
Pattern now available for sale download - file is 6 pages, fully formatted, and is just under 5 MB in size. If you have any questions feel free to contact me! Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pattern includes instructions for both a knee-high version and a ‘regular’ shorter length version. Both versions include some shaping at the back of the leg; Knee-high version is fully shaped to accommodate upper-calf circumference. Also included are my general tips for achieving best fit for knee-high shaping.
This is a cuff-down pattern with a flap heel and wedge toe. Cuff, heel, and toe are worked in MC and stranded colour-work pattern (argyle motif) is worked in MC and one CC. Instructions are provided for both Magic Loop and DPN methods. It is recommended that knitters have some experience with sock knitting and with stranded colour-work before beginning this pattern.
XS(S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
• To fit upper-calf circumference of 13(14, 15, 16, 17, 18) inches and ankle/foot circumference of 8(8.5, 9, 9, 9.5, 10) inches.
XS(S, M, XL, 2XL)
• To fit ankle circumference of 8(8.5, 9, 9.5, 10) inches.
* Main Colour requires approximately 350(400, 425, 450, 500, 550) yds
• Contrast Colour requires approximately 275(300, 325, 350, 400, 425) yds
• Knee-sock sample uses: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight (80% Superwash Merino Wool/20% Nylon); 400 yards/100 grams; in ‘Stormy’ (MC) and ‘Royal Flush’ (CC)
• Main Colour requires approximately 250(275, 300, 325, 350) yds
* Contrast Colour requires approximately 150(150, 175, 200, 250) yds
• Shorter sock sample uses: Van Der Rock yarns Merino Superwash (100% superwash merino wool); 175 yards/50g; in ‘Promethium’ (MC) and ‘Bismuth’ (CC)