Nordic Snowflake Pullover
Summary: Toddler's sweater knit in the round with snowflake-patterned yoke.
- 405 yds. yarn in Color A; 135 yds. in Color B
- 24" circular needles in sizes US 7 / 4.5 mm. US 8 / 5.0 mm, US 9 / 5.5 mm
- 4 size US 7 / 4.5 mm double-pointed needles
- 4 size US 8 / 5.0 mm double-pointed needles
- stitch markers
- yarn needle
- 17 stitches and 20 rows = 4" in two-color stranded knitting in largest needles in the round
- 17 stitches and 20 rows = 4" in one-color stockinette stitch on middle-size needles in the round
From Knitting for Baby: Sweaters knitted in the round with patterned yokes are a Scandinavian tradition. Although our yarn choice is nontraditional--kettle-dyed, handspun yarn from Uruguay--our construction method is standard. The body is worked in the round on circular needles, and the sleeves are worked in the round on four double-pointed needles. Then the body and sleeves are joined at the yoke on a circular needle, and the sweater is finished in one piece.