Inspired by the crisp, architectural motifs of Art Deco, as well as the organic, fluid lines of Art Nouveau, these delicate gloves offer a fitted, stylish selection for your basket of cool-weather accessories or knitted gifts.
File is approximately 6MB in size. For any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com!
Using just one skein of Tanis Fiber Arts DK (or 250 yds of DK-weight yarn), this project will challenge you with sculptural, twisted cables on a small but practical canvas. This pattern is fully charted, and is worked in the round using either Magic Loop or Double-Pointed Needles.
• Tanis Fiber Arts ‘Yellow Line’ DK, 1 skein (238 m/260 yds per 115g/4 oz. skein); Sample shown in ‘Sand’ colourway
• 3.25mm needles (DPNs or long circular for Magic Loop)
• 3.0 mm needles (DPNs or long circular for Magic Loop)
• Small cable needle (unless using “cabling without a cable needle” method)
• Stitch markers as needed
• Stitch holder or waste yarn
• Tapestry needle
• One size fits most women’s hands; Comfortably fits hand circumference 7-8.5 ins around. (Length of fingers and thumb is worked according to individual preference.)
• (For smaller hands, 6-6.75 ins in circumference, use a needle one size smaller for all steps.)
• 26 sts/38 rows over 4 ins, with 3.25mm needles (OR needle size required to obtain pattern gauge), over reverse stockinette stitch
• (For best results, work swatch in the round in reverse stockinette, then measure gauge against the ‘knit’ side of fabric)
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work in the round
• Work ktbl and purl sts
• Work cable twists
• Work increases and decreases (purlwise)
• Pick up sts (for working fingers)
• Work from a charted pattern