Olive Cardigan For 18 Inch American Girl Doll
Olive is a cardigan that celebrates the beauty of twisted stitches, both in its allover “dots” cable stitch pattern, and in the ribbing of the shawl collar, sleeves and edging. It’s knit in one piece from the bottom-up. The closest thing to a seam you’ll encounter is the 3-needle bind off at the shoulders. The front bands and set-in sleeves are worked by picking up stitches and shaping with short rows. The main stitch pattern is given in both charted and written format, so you can work from whichever you’re most comfortable with. Pattern includes schematic with detailed measurements.
Designed to fit the 18” (46cm) American Girl or similar dolls with a chest circumference of approx. 11” (28cm) , such as Gotz, Australian Girl, etc.
The difficulty level of this pattern is: Intermediate - requires a knowledge of (or willingness to learn) basic knitting skills, knitting and purling stitches through the back loop, cables, decreasing, knitting in the round with DPN’s, picking up stitches, working short rows.
What you will need in order to knit this pattern:
- Fingering weight yarn, approx. 191 yds (175 meters)
- Circular needle, size US 2 ½ (3.00mm); length is not important as you’ll be using them to work back & forth in rows. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Set of DPNs, size US 2 ½ (3.00mm).
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle for yarn ends
- 2 st markers
- 2 locking st markers or safety pins
- 2 st holders or scrap yarn for holding sts
- 5 buttons, 7/16” (11mm) in size