Summary: Eight garter-stitch rectangles are sewn together to make a pillow cover for a baby cushion.
- Pattern calls for three different colors of worsted yarn: 190 yds. in color A, 190 yds. in color B, and 380 yds. in color C
- US 9 / 5.5 mm needles should be long enough to hold 48 or 64 stitches; 14-inch straights or 29-inch circulars are recommended
- Yarn needle
- 16-inch-square pillow form
- 4 x 2 1/4-inch piece of cardboard or Pom-Pom Maker tool, for making pom-poms
- Strong scrap yarn (such as a plied wool or cotton yarn), in the same color as the pom-poms
From Knitting for Baby: These cushions transform a hard floor into a soft play area for baby. One at a time, they are also comfortable to use while rocking and feeding...The cushion is shown three variations. ... The patchwork cushion is made by sewing together eight squares, four for each side.