Large Solid-Color Cushion
Summary: A single garter-stitch rectangle is folded and seamed to make a pillow cover for a baby cushion.
- Pattern calls for two different colors of worsted yarn: 760 yds. in color A, and 190 yds. in color B
- US 9 / 5.5 mm needles should be long enough to hold 48 or 64 stitches; 14-inch straights or 29-inch circulars are recommended
- Yarn needle
- 16-inch-square pillow form
- 4 x 2 1/4-inch piece of cardboard or Pom-Pom Maker tool, for making pom-poms
- Strong scrap yarn (such as a plied wool or cotton yarn), in the same color as the pom-poms
From Knitting for Baby: These cushions transform a hard floor into a soft play area for baby. One at a time, they are also comfortable to use while rocking and feeding...The cushion is shown three variations. The single-color version is made by knitting one very large rectangle, then folding it to make a square "envelope" for the pollow insert.