Pinkberry is an elegant crescent shawl that features combination of the simple garter stitch lace in the body and the little zigzag border. The shawl is accentuated by the picot bind off. The shawl is knitted top down and shaped by 6 stitch increases every 2 rows.
- the shawl is completely reversible
- there are no purl sts in this design ; -)
- the top edging is extra stretchy, so there is no puckering after blocking
- the CO/set-up is done in such a way, so there is no visible hump that sometimes can be seen in the shawls of this shape
- instructions for an optional beaded picot BO are provided
Instructions are both, written and charted.
After blocking, sample shawl measures 220cm (87 inches) long along the top edge and 54cm (21 inches) deep.
The gauge in the lace body pattern after blocking measures 10 sts x 18 rows in 10 cm x 10 cm.
440 yards (402 meters) of Maiko by Noro
DK / 8 ply; 35% Silk, 35% Wool, 30% Mohair
132 yards / 40 grams
Sample shown in colorway Pink.
US5 – 3.75 mm needles