Polka Dots Chicken Amigurumi Easter
Complete your Easter home decorations with a cheery and colourful Polka Dots Chicken like this, handmade by you ! It will also make a great and original gift to anyone who loves chickens.
This PDF pattern will guide you to crochet an amigurumi style chicken as shown in picture. The pattern contains instructions how to make the colourful polka dots.
Finished size will be approx. 9” (23 cm) tall, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size G (4 mm).
If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this chicken, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn / crochet hook. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn and it’s great to use up all of your scrap yarn.
Used stitches : slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, bobble stitch
Materials needed :
- Crochet hook size G (4 mm)
- Yarn in the colours white (approx. 70 gr), small amounts of red, yellow and blue
- Small amounts of yarn in orange, pink, green, purple, or any colours you like
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 9 mm, black embroidery thread
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- Optional : white sewing thread, pvc pellets or a mason jar lid (diameter approx. 3.3” (8.5 cm))
Skill level : advanced beginner
Gauge is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so your stuffing will not show through the stitches.
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.