5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free.
A sideways somewhat lacy shawl(ette)
a sister to Galathea and Agrippina
This is designed to make use of those single skeins of sock yarn that don’t want to become socks. You’ll need 2 skeins.
If you have an extra luxurious squishy skein, it could get centre stage in plain stockinette, flanked perhaps by a darker border.
- Size: 180 cm x 55 cm (blocked, perhaps a smidgen smaller now)
- Knit side-to-side, borders and all (intarsia)
- Knit on the Baktus principle from one end to the other -- begin decreases when half your yarn is used up (the border yarn or the centre yarn, whichever runs out first)
- Stitch pattern: Barbara Walker’s Peri’s Parasol stitch-pattern (again!) (I used it also for this scarflette and these mitts).
- The centre can be knit in plain stockinette or garter stitch instead of the meshy diagonal pattern
And HUGE thanks to Noemie for giving up her skein of blueish-green-grey Clan for my border.
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.