REINDEER STOCKING KNITTING PATTERNS
A fun Christmas knit, a stocking with a reindeer nose and antlers! If you don’t like knitting in the round, this stocking is worked flat (knitted back and forth) on straight needles.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: The pattern includes row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the stocking, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: The stocking is knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, the antlers are i-cord knitted on two DPNs, and the hanging loop is a single crochet chain. You will need to cast on, knit, purl, decrease, and sew seams. This stocking pattern also incorporates short rows.
YARN, NEEDLES & NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs (US 6) to knit the i-cord antlers
- A 4mm crochet hook (US 6) to work a single chain for the hanging loop
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight); less than 50g per colour
- Sew on wobbly eyes and a red pompom for the nose
Copyright © 2014 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
I have no objection if you wish to make these stockings to sell to raise funds for charity. However please do not reproduce or sell this pattern.