Ricky the Raccoon
RICKY THE RACCOON TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Did you know that raccoons are not fussy eaters, they will eat almost anything including fruit, nuts, frogs, birds, and even garbage! Thankfully, this little raccoon doesn’t need feeding!
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the raccoon, photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. The pattern incorporates knitted bobbles for the toes, and instructions on how to knit a bobble are included in the pattern.
YARN, NEEDLES & NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight) in black, white and grey
- 2 x 5mm black beads for eyes, a small piece of beige felt fabric, sewing needle and thread.
- Toy filling (less than 150g)
- A darning or tapestry needle to sew the knitted pieces together
Copyright © 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved