Rose Window Beret
I love the city of Amsterdam. It has a wonderful mix of a bohemian and contemporary vibe and is full of history, art and beauty. In this design, I attempted to capture some of that spirit.
This slouchy beret is worked top-down from the crown and features a relatively simple lace motif that reminds me of some of the beautiful flora I saw in the Netherlands. Pattern includes both charted and written instructions. This pattern originally appeared in Interweave Knits, Spring 2010.
You can still get the original magazine version from the Interweave Store or you can purchase the designer’s version of the pattern, which is detailed below:
- S/M (L, XL)
- Approximately 177 (187, 213)yds/ 162 (171,195)m of DK weight yarn
- Size 4/ 3.5mm 16”/ 40cm circular needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 4/ 3.5mm 16”/ 40cm double-pointed needles (dpns), or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 3/ 3.25mm 16”/ 40cm circular needle
- Stitch marker(s)
- 23 sts and 31 rnds = 4”/ 10cm in St. st
- Basic shaping, basic lace
Additional Pattern Details:
- Detailed knitting instructions in a professionally designed layout
- Charted pattern and written instructions to chart
- Instructions include both US standard and Metric measurements
- Easy-to-read font, instructions, charts and diagrams
- Professionally tested and edited
- Enabled for notes on iPad, tablets and e-readers.
- 4 pages, full color with active links