This sweater is just what it sounds like! A warm, wooly, rustic cardigan with eye-catching cables and cozy shawl-collar for the cool days of fall and winter. Grab your preferred Aran-weight wool and get ready to bundle up with this in your wardrobe!
Knitters will need to be comfortable working cables, seaming final garment, and working from charts.
• Bust measures 34.5 (37.5, 41, 45, 49, 53, 57) ins around when cardigan is buttoned
• Intended fit is slightly loose, as a warm layer.
Sample shown in 3rd size with 4-5 ins positive ease.
For best results knit and wash a gauge swatch and allow to dry fully before taking a gauge measurement. You may need to use a different needle size than indicated in order to obtain pattern gauge.
• 16 sts/24 rows in stockinette stitch measures 4 ins/10 cm across on 5.5mm/US #9 needles (OR needle size required to obtain this gauge)
• 25 sts in cable Chart A measures 5 ins/12.5 cm across on
5.5mm/US #9 needles (OR needle size required to obtain this gauge)
• Imperial Yarns Columbia 100% wool, 220 yds/4 oz skein, 6(7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10) skeins (shown in ‘pearl grey’), OR equivalent yardage of Aran weight 100% wool yarn
• 5.5mm/US #9 needles, 24” circular for working flat, OR needle size required to obtain pattern gauge
• 4.5mm/US #7 needles, 24” circular for working flat, OR needle two sizes smaller than that required to obtain pattern gauge
• cable needle
• tapestry needle
• stitch markers
• 5 buttons, 1.25” wide