Side Effect is a top-down, seamless pullover with decorative cables on the back.
The upper yoke is worked back and forth in rows, the front neckline is shaped with regular increases simultaneously with the raglan shaping. After the completion of the neckline shaping the pieces are joined together and the lower yoke is worked in the round with raglan shaping.
After the yoke is complete, the body is worked in one piece to the hem.
The sleeves are worked in the round to the cuff.
The back is slightly longer than the front, this effect is achieved with paired increases and decreases throughout the body. The ribbed pattern of the back emphasizes this shaping.
18 sts and 26 rows = 10x10 cm/4”x4” in Stockinette Stitch knit flat (upper yoke) with larger needle after blocking
18 sts and 26 rounds = 10x10 cm/4”x4” in Stockinette Stitch knit in the round (yoke, body, sleeves) with larger needle after blocking
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
XS1 (XS2: S1: S2: M1: M2: L1: L2: XL1: XL2)
91 (95.5: 100: 106.5: 111: 118: 122: 126.5: 131: 138) cm / 35¾ (37½: 39¼: 42: 43¾: 46¼: 48: 49¾: 51½: 54¼) inches bust circumference at underarm.
Intended to fit with approx. 20 cm/8” positive ease at bust.
Approximately 855 (905: 995: 1050: 1155: 1275: 1405: 1545: 1700: 1875) meters / 935 (990: 1085: 1150: 1265: 1395: 1535: 1690: 1860: 2050) yards
Sample shown is size S2 with approx. 20 cm/8” positive ease at bust using The Plucky Knitter Trusty (100% merino, 229 m/250 y per skein) in colourway Prickly Pear.
· 80 cm/32” circular needle in each of the following sizes: 4.0 mm/ US 6 and 3.5 mm/ US 4 (or size to obtain gauge)
· 40 cm/16” circular needle or double pointed needles (dpns) in each of the following sizes: 4.0 mm/ US 6 and 3.5 mm/ US 4 for working in small circumferences (or size to obtain gauge) (optional)
· spare circular needles or waste yarn for holding stitches
· 7 stitch markers: 1 red, 4 blue, 2 green
· 80 cm/32” and 40 cm/16” circular needle or double pointed needles (dpns) size 3.0 mm/ US 2½ for the tubular bind off (optional)
Skill level: Intermediate
Necessary skills: Working in the round with dpns or magic loop, working from chart, using a cable needle.