Sophia's Birthday Jacket & Cap e-book
This e-book includes 2 coordinating seamless top down patterns knit in worsted weight wool. There are photo tutorials included for steeking, cabling without a needle, as well as links to tutorials for provisional cast on, and more. You need not have experience with any of the listed techniques, but a healthy sense of being in charge of your knitting helps. ;-)
The materials required for the jacket are:
- 350-550 grams of worsted weight wool (770-1210yds) 2-3 (50 g) skeins of each color if you choose to copy the striping pattern in Wool of the Andes Pampas Heather, Thyme, Fedora (Or chocolate), Tidepool Heather, Fern, Forest Heather
- Either a sewing machine, crochet hook, or needle and thread (sewing) for preparing the steek.
- 3-4 buttons
- Darning needle
- Cable needle (or handy dpn, or try cabling without a needle following the photo tutorial)
- 9 stitch markers
- 16” & 24” circular needles in size needed to obtain gauge (try size 4-5’s US) DPN’s are not necessary if you use magic loop or use two circular needles. (for magic loop you will need a 30” or longer circular needle in correct size for gauge)
- 40” or longer circular needle in one size smaller than others for garter stitch border.
- 100-150g worsted weight wool (or leftovers from jacket in same colors)
- 3 stitch markers
- darning needle