Purchase Southwell, Ellery and Bentley together and save $5.00 on the bundle! Check it out here.
32 (34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52)”
Finished bust: 34 (35, 36, 39 ½, 41, 43, 46, 47, 50, 51, 54)”
Slight positive ease
Amis, grace aux efforts de @violetteroses le modèle/patron pour mon Southwell Cardigan est maintenant disponible en français !
Do you Instagram? Use #southwellcardi when you post about this project so I can see your progress!
• 1119 (1190, 1265, 1366, 1450, 1537, 1629, 1726, 1830, 1940, 2056) yards Sherwood Yarn BFL Sock (2 ply BFL non-superwash 421 yards in 110g) – Indicated yardage is for shorter/slightly cropped length (12” from underarm). Longer body will require more yarn.*
• US Size 3/3.25mm (32”) circular needle (body)
• US Size 1/2.25mm (24-32”) circular needle (body/neck ribbing)
• Size 3/3.25mm (12” or DPN) sleeves
• Size 1/2.25mm (12” or DPN’s) sleeve ribbing
• Use needle size necessary to obtain gauge.
• Darning needle to weave in ends
• Stitch markers
• 13 – 15 Buttons (18mm)
6.75 st per inch and 9 rows per inch in stockinette
Southwell Minster is a beautiful and historic minster in Nottinghamshire (the seat of the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham), and is the architectural focus for this design. Not only is Nottingham the childhood home of a dear friend of mine, but it’s also the home of Sherwood Yarn.
Southwell Minster is a top-down, seamless cardigan with vivid, delicate cables trailing vertically down the front. The cables are a nod to the spires of the historic minster, and result in a style that is utterly timeless, and wearable with just about anything. It’s the perfect second layer that can be dressed up or down, and is light enough to be worn (almost) year round.
Remember: If you have questions or get stuck, be sure to check the project page for this design on my website. Helpful tips, extra photos and tutorials are available to help you create a sweater you’ll love to make AND wear!
Yarn substitutions may create different results. Please bear this in mind. Cropped length is 12” from underarm divide.
If you love working this design, I’d love to invite you to join my newsletter! It’s a great way to connect with me, learn more about what inspires my work and find out about new releases.