Stay as warm and cozy as can be with this oversized poncho-style top which features a boxy shape with a boat neckline, dropped shoulders and cute cuts at the sides. The colorwork and unusual construction ensure a satisfying level of challenge while crocheting it up!
The stitch pattern uses only two of the most basic crochet stitches: double crochet and chains. You will alternate two colors at a time, but use only one color in each round.
The instructions are written out and charted. The photo tutorial on the last page gives you a better visual idea of the stitch pattern.
The pattern also includes empty grid layouts for each size to colorize. Choose your beloved colors and use these blank templates as your sketchpad to create your own unique design.
- Yarn: 100% alpaca, 182 yd (167 m) per 50 g skein. Suggested yarn: Alpaca by Drops.
- Hook: US G (4 mm)
- Two stitch markers
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- One diamond is approx. 3½” (9.cm) tall and 1½” (4 cm) wide.
- C1 (violet) – 364 (597, 686) yd / 333 (546, 627) m
- C2 (blue) – 400 (495, 743) yd / 366 (453, 679) m
- C3 (green) – 426 (514, 626) yd / 390 (470, 572) m
S (M, L)
- Width 24¾ (28⅜, 31 ⅞)” / 63 (72, 81) cm
- Length 21¼ (24¾, 28⅜)”/ 54 (63, 72) cm
- Neckline 21¼, (24⅜, 27½)” / 54 (62, 70) cm in circumference
- Sleeve 15¾ (18⅞, 22)” / 40 (48, 56) cm in circumference
Tech editing by Amy Curtin (Amerz on Ravelry).
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if something is not quite clear. Alternatively, leave your question in our group. I will be more than happy to help and will appreciate your feedback.