5- and 6-pointed stars each in 3 sizes. They are knit partly in the round and partly flat. The largest stars measure 15cm across and are big enough to be used as a Christmas tree topper, starfish soft toy or pin cushion. The smallest stars measure 8cm and can be used to make garlands, Christmas tree baubles and other decorations.
You will need:
- Cascade 220 yarn in White (8505), Grey (8509) and Mineral Blue (8311). Approximately 10g for a small star or 30g for a large star.
- 4mm (US 6) double-pointed needles.
- 4 small stitch holders for the 5-pointed star, or 5 for the 6-pointed star.
- A tapestry needle.
- Toy stuffing.
Techniques you should be familiar with before using this pattern:
- Knitting in the round.
- Lifted increases.
- Decreases: k2tog, ssk, p2tog, ssp and centred double decreases (also called s2kp2 or k3tog).
- Sewing seams using mattress stitch.