5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free.
Stripes Ahoy! is a tailored pullover with a high, wide neckline, boatneck style, and set-in sleeves.
There is some waist and rear shaping yet the fit is relaxed.
Optional bust dart (just a small one to not upset the striping).
- Everything is knitted in one go, top to bottom
- No seaming
- Set-in sleeves are knitted in the round from cap to cuff
- Yarn is carried from stripe to stripe, no extra ends to weave in
- Contrasting stripes on one sleeve and intarsia inset on the other are a fun – and optional – detail
- Photo tutorial
- Helpful Table to keep track of increases
You’ll find a photo tutorial for the Ziggurat Tricnique and the stripe jog that miraculously fits in precisely with the slipped-stitch faux seam of the caps.
As usual, there’s the Helpful Table to keep track of increases from shoulder to underarm cast-on.
I like the test knit versions better than my own sample… so I think I’ll need to knit another!
metres 1095 (1170, 1270, 1360, 1460) 1650, 1700, 1780, 1850
yards 1200 (1300, 1400, 1500, 1600) 1700, 1850, 1950, 2000
My guess is that for sizes 32 & 34 you could get away with just 1 skein each of Wollmeise, but then you’d have to finish the sleeves and neck before finishing the body, to make sure you won’t run out of yarn. Or knit more contrasting stripes in another colour.
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.