Teeny animal knits
TEENY ANIMALS TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
These little animals are quick to knit, and are a super way to use up odds and ends in your yarn stash. They would make super little toys, or could be added to keychains, brooches, pendants, or even wear them as rings. This knitting pattern includes instructions to make six teeny animals, including: Mini Mouse, Teeny Turtle, Junior Hedgehog, Wee Robin, Bitsy Bee and Little Ladybug.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the toys, photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat on straight knitting needles, apart from the mouse tail which is i-cord worked on two DPNs. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
YARN, NEEDLES & NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm double pointed needles (US 6)
- A darning or tapestry needle to sew the knitted pieces together
- Small amounts of toy filling (or cotton wool balls) to stuff
- Two 4mm black beads for the eyes for each toy, a sewing needle and thread, and small circles of white felt fabric
- Oddments of double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
Copyright © 2013 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved