The Owl and the Pussycat
THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
This little owl and pussycat are quick to knit little toys. You make them as mini pincushions, or just for fun! Only simple knitting stitches are used (knit, purl, a kfb increase and k2tog decrease).
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the owl and pussycat plus photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the cat’s collar which is a single crochet chain. If you don’t know how to crochet you could tie a length of yarn or ribbon around the neck instead. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
YARN, NEEDLES AND NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.75mm crochet hook (US F/5) to make the cat’s collar
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight) in brown and white
- Small amounts of yellow and blue yarn to decorate
- Beads for eyes
- A toy safety nose for the cat (or you could embroider the nose in black yarn)
- Toy filling
Copyright © 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved