Very Granny Gift Bag
This pattern is no longer available on the diynetwork.com website. Wayback Internet Archive link is provided. Note that it Wayback links may go ‘down’. Trying again latter is usually successful.
Pattern Description: Knit granny squares, sewn into a CD-sized gift bag.
Materials (although just about any yarn and corresponding needles will work, the demo used the following):
- needles, US size 8 (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 2, 3 or 4 shades of the following holiday-colored Red Heart acrylic worsted-weight yarn:
- Christmas (burgundy, green, cream, sparkly silver), Kwanzaa (burgundy, green, black or charcoal gray, if possible, Hanukkah (sparkly silver, blue)
- tapestry needle
- stitch holders or large silver safety pins
- (optional lining): 8” squares of white lining fabric (2), 8” squares of kitschy print lining fabric, thread and needle or sewing machine)
Size: The size of the bag will depend on the gauge and your yarn choice. This bag will be big enough to hold a CD. These schematics (see link, at right) show both the color combinations.
Gauge: one granny square = 3-1/2” square; garter stitch = 5 stitches per 1” and 10 rows per 1”