very pdx hat
very pdx hat was inspired by one of my favorite knit hats that just didn’t fit quite right. It didn’t fit anyone right, really. Whoops.
The standard instructions for very pdx hat are written for me (a women’s small), but come with an option to customize for the following sizes:
- Infant, 0-6 months (13” / 33 cm)
- Toddler, 6-18 months (15” / 38 cm)
- Child’s small (17” / 43 cm)
- Child’s medium (20” / 51 cm)
- Child’s large (21” / 53 cm)
- Women’s small (21” / 53 cm)
- Women’s medium (22” / 56 cm)
- Women’s large (23” / 58 cm)
- Men’s small (22” / 56 cm)
- Men’s medium (23” / 58 cm)
- Men’s large (25” / 63.5 cm)
The customized versions of the pattern are automatically generated by a computer, not by a human. Although, since I am a human who knits, and I programmed the computer, I suppose, in a round about way, they were kinda sorta written by a human.
If you find any errors in the sizing, yardage, or instructions for the custom options (you shouldn’t - they’ve all been checked!), be sure to include information about which size you’re knitting when requesting help or submitting the error. Computers are stupid after all :)
Found an error? Leave a comment! I try to respond as quickly as possible.
Pssst eagle-eyed knitters who spot errors will be rewarded with a free pattern or ebook of their choice ;)
Having trouble loading the pattern? Try this link and click on the pattern.
If you’re using an older browser, the pattern website won’t work well (or at all, depending how old the browser is).
Minimum version requirements are:
- Internet Explorer 11 (IE 10 should work but it won’t be pretty)
- Safari 5.1 or higher
- Firefox (any)
- Chrome (any)
- iOS Safari (any)
- Android Chrome (any)
- Android Browser (any)
MC: Approximately 135 yards/123.4 meters aran (or a lighter bulky) weight yarn.
CC: Approximately 25 yards/22.9 meters aran (or a heavy worsted) weight yarn.
MC: madelinetosh tosh chunky in Steam Age
CC: The Plucky Knitter Primo Aran in Think Pink
- US 8 (5 MM) 16” circular needle (contrast brim).
- US 9 (5.5 MM) 16” circular needle (brim RS and hat body).
- US 9 (5.5 MM) set of DPNs or preferred needles for working small circumferences in the round.
13 sts, 20 rows per 4”/10cm in stockinette stitch using largest needle
- customized: 13”/33cm - 25”/63.55cm
- as written: women’s small (21”/53 cm) to fit a 22”/56cm head