Wanda the Witch
WANDA THE WITCH AND BLACK CAT TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Wanda is a good witch, she only casts friendly helpful spells with a little help from her black cat.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the witch and cat, photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the ends of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams. All pieces are worked flat on straight needles, apart from the cat tail which is an i-cord tube knitted on two DPNs, and the cape tie and cat collar are single crochet chains. If you are not sure how to crochet, you could use a length of yarn to tie around the neck instead.
YARN, NEEDLES AND NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm (US 5) DPNs to make the cat’s tail
- A 3.75mm crochet hook (US F/5) for the cat collar and cape tie.
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight); less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Two 6mm black beads for the witch’s eyes, sewing needle and thread
Copyright © 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved